December 06, 2010

The family and the saxon genitive

1. Read the text and do the exercise.

2. Read this text and answer the questions. Use the saxon genitive when possible (answers in "comentarios")

The Family Tree
My name is Dennis and this is my family tree. My father's name is Steve. He'san architect and he lives in New York with my mother Mary. My mom is a verytalented artist. She paints beautiful pictures. I have one brother named Albert.He is a computer engineer. Debra is my wife. She is a nurse at the samehospital where I work. I work in the lab. My daughter Donna is a doctor in SanFrancisco. Donna's husband's name is Keith. He is a restaurant manager.They have a little girl named Becky who is three years old.

Questions.
1. Who is an artist?________________________
2. Who works in a lab in a hospital?______________________________
3. Who is an architect?________________________________
4. Who is a restaurant manager?__________________________
5. Who is three years old?_________________________
6. Who is a doctor?________________________

7. Who is a nurse?________________________

1 comment:

eoilumi1 said...

1.Dennis’s mother (Mary)
2.Dennis
3.Dennis’s father (Steve)
4.Dennis’s daughter’s husband / Donna’s husband (Keith)
5.Dennis’s granddaughter (Becky)
6.Dennis’s daughter (Donna)
7.Dennis’s wife (Debra)